Lately I have been experimenting with a number of portable antennas for hf in the field for my QRP operations. The mini-bac Delta Loop configuration and the W3EDP have been fun and seem to work well. Of course, my go to antenna has been my trusty Buddistick, but since I am a tweaker, I continue to try new options.
Would you take a minute and complete a brief poll? Or better yet, leave me a comment AND take the poll? How about it? Let me know what you think? How do you deploy your favorite antenna? Now it’s your turn… Please take the poll, you may answer with your TWO (2) favorite choices and feel free to comment by clicking on the COMMENT link.
What's Your Favorite HF Portable Antenna?
- Buddipole/Buddistick (34%, 31 Votes)
- End Fed Half Wave, W3EDP, Zepp (28%, 25 Votes)
- Plain ole dipole (includes OCF, Multi band, etc.) (13%, 12 Votes)
- Random wire (13%, 12 Votes)
- Vertical (wire or Pac type) (11%, 10 Votes)
- 44 foot doublet (8%, 7 Votes)
- Other-- please leave comment to explain (8%, 7 Votes)
- 88 foot doublet (7%, 6 Votes)
- Loop (Delta, Horizontal, Vertical, Square, etc.) (3%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 90
12/20/09 Update. Went out to the lake with my mini-bac Delta Loop and had some fun on 40 and 20 m this afternoon. Nice antenna for multiband use.